Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic drainage massage is a unique technique that helps remove excess fluids from the body, stimulate stagnant lymphatic fluid due to a sedentary lifestyle, eliminate toxins, and clear cellular waste products. At PIED-DE-POULE salons, clients are offered both manual and machine-assisted lymphatic drainage massages performed by highly skilled specialists.
How Lymphatic Drainage Massage Works
The lymphatic system is a vital component of the immune system. It is responsible for filtering fluids in the body, cleansing them, and transporting toxins, harmful metabolic byproducts, infection-causing agents, to the lymph nodes and then to the kidneys for elimination.
However, lymph can only move through the body and collect harmful substances thanks to muscle contractions; it lacks a pump like the heart is for blood. Thus, to ensure normal lymph circulation, the following are crucial:
- Active movement.
- Physical exercise.
- Proper nutrition.
In the modern lifestyle, maintaining the body in constant motion is challenging. This is where lymphatic drainage massage comes in as a form of passive activity.
Lymphatic drainage massage technique is based on compression. It involves gentle, rhythmic pressure applied in the direction of lymph nodes, artificially creating and stimulating lymphatic flow.
Typically, one massage session lasts 35-40 minutes. Depending on the specific issue, a course of 4-12 procedures may be recommended, spaced every other day.
It's advisable to avoid alcohol and smoking during the course.
Book for lymphatic drainage massage
Benefits and Advantages of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Massage techniques that incorporate lymphatic drainage primarily enhance lymph flow and detoxify the body by eliminating cellular waste products. Other benefits include:
- Improved skin appearance with a healthy glow.
- Enhanced skin elasticity and a smoother texture.
- Reduction in volume due to the removal of excess fluid.
When it comes to lymphatic drainage massage of the face, it visibly tightens facial contours, reduces puffiness, and alleviates swelling.
The advantages of this type of manual therapy include:
- High effectiveness with visible results after the first session.
- No need for prior preparation.
However, all these benefits are fully realized when the client seeks out a professional massage therapist. The specialists at PIED-DE-POULE are highly skilled in lymphatic drainage massage techniques and can perform them at the highest level.
Book for lymphatic drainage massage
Indications and Contraindications
There are both medical and cosmetic indications for this type of massage.
Cosmetic indications include:
- Edematous cellulite.
- Excess weight.
- Chronic facial puffiness.
- Limb swelling.
- Skin sagging, droopiness, and wrinkles.
- Indistinct body contours.
- Blurry facial oval.
In medical practice, lymphatic drainage massage is used to address the following issues:
- Weak or low immunity, frequent colds.
- Susceptibility to stress, insomnia.
- Varicose veins.
- Gastrointestinal issues (as part of comprehensive therapy).
- Headaches, chronic fatigue.
It's important to note that lymphatic drainage massage for therapeutic purposes can only be prescribed by a doctor. Self-treatment in this area is as dangerous as self-prescribing potent medications. This primarily concerns contraindications.
Therefore, lymphatic drainage massage is not recommended in the following cases and conditions:
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Thrombophlebitis, thrombosis.
- Lymph node inflammation (lymphadenitis) or other lymphatic system pathologies.
- Skin diseases, dermatitis, fungal infections.
- Cuts, unhealed wounds, burns.
- Presence of neoplasms—both malignant and benign.
- Inflammatory processes anywhere in the body, purulent inflammation.
- Chronic diseases in an acute stage.
As you can see, the list of contraindications is quite extensive. Familiarize yourself with it before scheduling a session and be sure to inform the therapist about your current condition before the session begins. In some cases, it's advisable to consult a specialized physician before undergoing lymphatic drainage massage.
The Effects of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Clients who have already undergone a course of lymphatic drainage massage at PIED-DE-POULE salons report the following benefits:
- Body measurements have decreased by up to 5-7 cm over the entire course.
- General well-being has improved, with increased energy levels and enhanced productivity and performance.
- Skin becomes firmer and loses its saggy and loose appearance.
- Fine wrinkles are smoothed out, and deep wrinkles are reduced.
- The sensation of "cold extremities" disappears, and blood circulation in the hands and feet improves.
- Facial complexion improves, and the facial contour becomes more defined.
Additionally, immune system stimulation reduces the risk of seasonal illnesses. Clients experience fewer colds and better resilience against viral and bacterial infections. Their digestive system and sleep patterns improve, resulting in an overall sense of well-being and better health compared to before the course.
Of course, it's essential to consider individual body characteristics and contraindications.
Specialists at PIED-DE-POULE salons provide detailed consultations and select the most suitable type of massage tailored to each client's specific needs. To inquire about prices and schedule a procedure, you can contact the salons via phone or use the form on the website.